Who doesn’t love ice cream on a nice hot summer day?! Or on any day really… Now you can make this yummy homemade ice cream in about 5 minutes! Its super simple and so delicious and doesn’t have all that junk that store bought ice cream has in it. Oh and did I mention you don’t even need one of those fancy ice cream makers! I scream, You scream, We all scream for home made ice cream!
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 1/2 cup of whole milk
- 1/2 cup of cream
- 1/4 cup of sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1 cup of rock salt
Let’s get started!
- Add your milk, sugar, cream, and vanilla to into a small bowl and stir until mixed well.
- Now carefully dump your mixture into a ziploc bag. Make sure you seal it well, otherwise you could have a huge mess on your hands, especially if you’ve got little helpers!
- Now get out another bigger ziploc bag. In this bag add some of your rock salt, and too big handfuls of ice.
- Put your smaller bag into the the bigger bag and add the rest of your rock salt and some more ice and close it up.
- Now shake it like crazy! Do this until it starts thickening up and looking like ice cream! (You might want to wrap the bags up in a towel to shake, it can get pretty cold on your hands)
Enjoy your yummy ice cream!
- If you want to get fancy you can add some fruit or other extracts to get different flavors!